Oh HEY! I'm Emily.
It's bloody lovely to meet you.
OK, HERE WE GO...
I live in an old house in the Suffolk countryside with my musician husband Rich. We were married in the autumn of 2014 and I’m still pinching myself that he’s my husband. Being married is a blast. We have a one year old daughter Astrid who’s pretty rad. We also have a cat, Ludo who is bigger than our dog, Fleur.
My favourite things in the world are dancing badly to awesome playlists in my kitchen and rummaging round charity shops for tat I don't need. When I’m not shooting weddings you’ll find me chasing after my peanut butter covered toddler with wet-wipes and spending hours in coffee shops laughing with friends and eating all the cake.
I couldn’t live without my friends and family, good food, music and plenty of tea. I spend a lot of time on eBay buying junk and nothing makes me happier than getting up super early and going for a long walk in the middle of nowhere when it's all super quiet and still.
6. Most of all, I just love people. I love finding out the stories of others' lives. The road they've journeyed down so far, adventures they've had - big and small, what makes them who they are.
5. I'm really terrible at keeping plants. Cacti, succulents... y'know, all the ones that supposedly never die. Yep. Gardening advice and lessons very much welcome...
4. Before photography, I was an ITU and hospice nurse. So, if your partner in crime faints at the sight of your beauty walking down the aisle, I'm pretty handy to have around! (being surrounded by people with such little time left was what gave me the push to take a chance at 'the dream'!)
3. I prefer vinyl. We play The Smiths, Morrissey, Hot Chip and Bowie over and over and dance with no shame.
2. I'm fascinated by the moon and stars. I love sleeping with the curtains open - which drives Rich nuts - so that I can gaze at the sky if I wake in the middle of the night. I'm going to take an astronomy course when I can just find 5 minutes...
1. I love films by Wed Anderson and Jean-Pierre Jeunet. It's all about the colours and the symmetry.
Your wedding is all about having a wonderful time with your absolute favourite people. You don’t care about it being ‘the best day ever’ because you know those are still yet to come. You just want to eat a good feast, dance ’til dawn with your favourite people and celebrate the journey with your husband or wife by your side. If this sounds like you and you don't think I'm a complete weirdo (or maybe you do, but you can live with that) then let's do this!
You're pretty relaxed and the last thing you want is a photographer who is super cheesy or one that makes you pose all day.